Privacy Notice Disclosure
If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us at: 417-659-6013
or write to:
Legacy Credit Union
3929 E. 7th Street, Ste. A
Joplin, MO 64801
Information We Collect About You:
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us or others.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us:
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as insurance companies, mortgage service companies, securities broker-dealers, and other credit unions and banks.
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, financial statement publishers/printers, plastic card processors, direct marketers, non-profit organizations, government agencies, appraisers, collectors and employers.
Disclosure Of Information To Parties That Provide Services To Us:
In order for us to conduct the business of the credit union, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements, to other companies that perform marketing services on our behalf, or to nonaffiliated third parties for the purposes of processing and servicing transactions that you request or authorize, so that we may provide members competitive products and services.
We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties.
Disclosure Of Information About Former Members:
If you terminate your membership with Legacy Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information:
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What Members Can Do To Help:
Legacy Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other people. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity on your account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us – we are here to serve you!
Receive $26 for referring new members!
New Account Eligibility Requirements must be met.